Thursday, December 2, 2010

To my Nikki


Remember when I brought you home?
You ate two couches and wanted to roam.
We were wandering every trail in the park,
Unless we were riding the roads.

I could never get you in the water
You hated to take a bath.
You trained mother to give
You cheese in exchange for the mail.

Don’t be afraid.
Don’t forget.
Everything will be okay.
Just hold on to the memories and don’t let go.
You know that it’s time.
And you want to go,
But I love you so much,
And it’s me who can’t let go.
Just go to sleep;
You will be fine.
I’ll hold you in my arms
as you slowly drift away.
Now that you’re gone,
I can’t stand how everyone can go on with life
When you aren’t here to brighten my day.
All I can do is cry, and
I can’t get you back.
I know your better now,
but I still can’t let go of my fears
of the future without you,
And what it will hold.

1 comment:

  1. My heart hurts for you and honestly I'm crying as I type. Please know that my thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete