Sunday, November 20, 2011

In reflecting on the Lady Vols's game against Miami U, I have to admit that the first half looked like the same underachieving group of ladies I have watched for the past couple of years.  Kinna got a slow start, I absolutely hate the new arc under the basket and even though it is supposed to help the refs be more effective in their block and charge calls, I personally think it is still pretty subjective.  This is also going to really slow down the women's game even more.  I was pleased to see the response of the team in the second half.  I still didn't really take a deep breath until about 3 minutes left in the game.  That is when I can sit back in the chair and say, we've got this one. 

I am so impressed with Ariel's game.  She is going to make a big difference for the Lady Vols this season.  I was sort of surprised that Izzy got more minutes than Burdick but then I looked at the box scores from the previous games and realized that Izzy has been more dominant on defense and that is what we really needed against Miami.  All in all it was a good tune up for the upcoming games.  Coach Summitt just knows who to schedule for the betterment of our team.  I am feeling great about this season and can't wait for the Virginia game later today.  No Steeler football this week, so I won't have to record one and watch it on delay. Yea me.  Go Lady Vols.

No comments:

Post a Comment